Principal & Co-founder
Sarah is a science junky at heart, with passion for seeing the trees for the forest. Her background in botany, air quality and forest ecology led her though a circuitous route to her current role at Veda, where she helps connect science to decisions-makers.
Sarah’s current passions:
- Preventing oil spills from happening
- Translating jargon into everyday terms
- Leading sticky conversations
- Skiing, hiking, and basically doing anything outdoors
- Tying science to action
- Practicing German — Was ist los?
- Raising Mason bees in her garden
Sarah earned her B.A. in Biology at Smith College, and M.S. in Forestry at the University of Washington.
Sarah has an amazing grasp of complex scientific subjects and how to communicate them effectively to the public. She facilitates technical discussions among experts and arrives at the kernel of wisdom that lies within. Her passion for finding solutions is manifest through an energy to listen to polarized stakeholders and find value in all sources of input to a discussion.